Read the rest in Chromatic aberration: creation and fixes with After Effects at Pro Video Coalition.
[fix for PVC]
Steps toward a whispy nebula with Trapcode Mir
(reposition & resize mesh, increase clarity and rez, adjust fractal displacement)
• In Geometry, reposition the Mir mesh near the center of the screen, and increase Size X,Y (~1500).
• In Material, reduce opacity to <10 until mesh background disappears (add glow and tonal correct later).
• In Geometry, increase the number of Vertices X,Y (~800), then rotate Y so you see more of the mesh.
• In Fractal, to taste, increase amplitude (~300), decrease frequency (~60), increase complexity (~10) and amplitude X,Y; then increase FBend X,Y a notch or 2 to warp.
• Add dust cloud/particles and Glow, add color correction (Mir also has Texture Layer for color), and starfield background to taste.
• Animate Mir mesh or a Camera.