"This tutorial is an introduction to using linear workflow within After Effects in order to achieve more photo-realistic composites. This is a prerequisite tut to pave the way for one we'll be posting soon on how to work with RED footage within AE."
For more on Linear color space, here are additional resources (beware changes since CS3):
- Stu Maschowitz Passing the Linear Torch (summary of posts with a brief update on how to set it up in AE CS4).
- Chris & Trish Meyer on Linear Light, Intro to Color Management, and Adding a Filmic Glow.
- Mark Christiansen's Linear Blending at Any Color Depth in After Effects and book After Effects Studio Techniques.
- AE Help's Color management and Linearize working space and enable linear blending.
- The official Adobe whitepaper Color management workflow in After Effects CS4.